MANCHESTER GEMS VOL 3 | CHAPTER ONE













Shockingly so it's been a whole month since my last Manchester Gems feature, but in all honesty I feel like I've not actually been settled here for the entirety of the last month but now I'm back and back for some time (minus the occasional trip to London) I thought it about time I shared some further love for my city.

Literally a hop, skip and a jump away from my flat is Chapter One, a haunt that my good friend Lizzy actually introduced to me to, but MY GOD is it adorable.
Nothing special from the outside but as you enter you're greeted by the most magical of settings.

A coffee shop nestled inside of the most beautiful of book stores, it is the most majestic and totally relaxing coffee shop in Manchester, the complete opposite to the hip coffee joints that are popping up across the city, this one has a real niche, life and vibe of it's own and that is one of the reasons why I love it so.

Not only is the decor and overall vibe completely spot on, but the revolving choice of all-day-breakfast style snacks and cakes are simply to die for; whether it's pancakes and streaky bacon you're after, or seriously fresh salmon and poached egg, Chapter One keeps it simple but keeps it pretty damn tasty indeed for such a reasonable fee. Since moving back to Manchester I've noticed that a number of trendy eateries are having the "London effect" and upping their prices simply because they're what some may say is "trendy" but not Chapter One.

Chapter One is the perfect place to head to should you be in need of finishing a deadline, having some much needed "Me" time or meeting up for a quiet coffee with friends, it's a welcomed relief to the hustle and bustle of city living and is my little haven of tranquility in this crazy city... I mean, doing your work to the soundtrack of a water feature that is perfectly positioned in the middle of the eating area is something I am totally onboard with, hello meditation!

x M

Follow

Labels: ,