JUXTAPOSITIONAL-YET-TOTALLY-FREAKING-AWESOME


Megan Ellaby messy hair look with 50s style sunglasses and rock n roll styling.
Megan Ellaby takes rock n roll styling to Manchester's Northern Quarter

Megan Ellaby Fifties Style Sunglasses add quirky touch to rock n roll look

Megan Ellaby juxtaposes pieces to create rock n roll styling

Megan Ellaby loves Hello Operator Band. Wearing band tee with leather skirt

Megan Ellaby Rock & Roll Styling with Jigsaw, ASOS & Stella McCartney

Megan Ellaby | Socks and Sandals with ASOS stripe & lurex socks and Office burgundy cross over sling back heels

Megan Ellaby shows how to wear a band tee
Tshirt- Hello Operator, Skirt- c/o Jigsaw, Sunglasses- ASOS, Choker- New Look, Pineapple Pendant- Bill Skinner (similar here), Bag- Stella McCartney c/o FarFetch, Socks- ASOS, Shoes- c/o Office

SHOTS BY SOPHIE TRAYNOR
Firstly, I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to all of you who ever so kindly answered my four short questions in yesterday's post. You honestly have no idea how wonderful it was to read such positive comments from you lot, especially yesterday of all days, when I was a bit down in the dumps and found myself eating my feelings... Then I logged onto my blog and was completely overwhelmed with how truly lovely you all are, so thank you so very much for that.

Sappy Megan out of the way, today I'm talking juxtapositioning.

Juxtapose: [juhk-stuh-pohz, juhk-stuh-pohz]




verb (used with object)juxtaposed,juxtaposing.

1.
to place close together or side by side, especially for comparison or contrast.
Quite honestly, nothing makes me happier than finding two little opposites and discovering a way to make them work, however, big or small they may be. 
Take this T-shirt for example; A band tee by my current musical obsession HELLO OPERATOR, the most bad ass rock n roll band I've heard in a very, very long time with a rather wonderful artwork to go with it, so I must say I am rather chuffed indeed with my new tee.

Rock n Roll tees have gone hand in hand with leather since the beginning of time*; We're regularly inundated with snaps of Debbie Harry, Courtney Love and more rocking the combination, however when I pulled on this Jigsaw leather skirt in bottle green, something struck me as a little odd. 
It's all in the shape you see. Leather it may be, but the longer A-Line length makes it totes work wear appropriate, meaning a little juxtapositional magic has taken place. Throw into the mix a statement pair of sunglasses, your wackiest of ankle socks and a choker-meets-novelty-pendant combo and you've got yourself one juxtapoistional-yet-totally-freaking-awesome get up.

Recently I've been asked an awful lot about whether I'm embarrassed to wear these looks in the street. Whether I get heckled at. Whether I feel self conscious. And worst of all whether I even wear them IRL at all. To be completely honest this makes me truly sad. Sad that some girlies today lack the confidence to wear what they wish and to wear it with conviction and of course total sass.So with this, I wanted to know whether you'd find a post all about how I find the confidence to wear what I do. I mean, I know I'm not exactly breaking the mould when it comes to styling, but I am partial to a sock-n-sandal, clashing prints and ridiculous sunglasses kinda scenario, so I do have a trick or two for combatting that self doubt.

Let me know.
x M




Follow

Labels: