PRICELESS


Jacket- Rokit Vintage, Tshirt- House of Holland (similar here & here & here), Choker- NewLook, Sunglasses- ASOS, Skirt- Primark, Bag- Stella McCartney, Boots- Zara (seriously old, similar here)

This Sunday's post and YouTube video is all about mixing it up; In this look alone I am wearing a luxury designer piece, a contemporary designer piece, a mid-scale high street piece, a low-end high street piece and a vintage piece, and I bet you can't guess which piece is which? How many times can a girl same piece goddamnit?!
And when I say low-end high street piece, I mean good old Primark.

Nothing fills me with joy quite like telling someone that a section of my outfit is from Primark. The look on their face which is shortly followed by "No way, you'd never have thought that" is completely and utterly priceless.

The Primark piece in question is actually the skirt, which in my opinion is the showstopper piece to this look. Midi skirts, particularly pleated numbers are having a huge moment this season and, as I'm just 5ft4, it wasn't a trend I wanted to commit to fully. However, when I was having a nosey around Primark last week and stumbled upon this gorgeous boy meets girl striped version of the trend, and for just £10, now that was something I could commit too.

It is SO important to me to share a variety of pieces from a variety of brands here on my blog. Yes, I am now at a very exciting part of my life where I can indulge in a designer piece every now and again, but Primark, well nothing gives me a thrill quite like a hefty Primark haul, if you catch my drift.
Every summer as a child my sister and I would head to Primark with my mum to fill our wardrobes with summer pieces, and that is something I still do every time summer rears it's head.
I'm not one to spend and splurge on summer pieces, purely as we don't get the opportunity to wear them as readily as we do our winter pieces, so Primark is my go-to for on trend pieces that don't cost the earth and don't leave me feeling guilty when I look out the window to Manchester's rainy streets.

Let's all remember to stay true to our roots, splurging is great and is something I completely champion when you've worked hard for something, but to go head-to-toe designer, well thats just not how I role.

x M

Follow

Labels: