SELFIE READY, PERFECT RED LIP WITH SMASHBOX


Matte lipsticks are all the rage right about now, and I've been an absolute sucker for a good matte red lip for some time.
I like to think myself as a matte red lip conisseur. I've scoured the market, trying and testing each and every red that claims to leave your lips with that much coveted matte finish, with some coming up trumps, but others leaving the lips with a rather unattractive crusty and flakey effect... Not okay!

In steps Smashbox with three rather nifty products that have left my lips selfie ready with the perfect matte red lip.



The three products in question are the Smashbox Always Sharp Clear (yes clear) Lip Liner, the Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in shade Bing Matte and the Smashbox Insta Matte Lipstick Transformer.
The Always Sharp Clear Lip Liner and The Insta Matte Lipstick Transformers are true hero products in my opinion and deffo worth a try as you can use them with absolutely any shade or type of lipstick, an absolute make up bag hero for sure.


First up I just simply lined my lips with the Smashbox Always Sharp Clear Lip Liner, this prevents smudging, bleeding or any other unsightly lipstick woes. It's a really great consistency, gliding across the lips and leaving them feeling silky smooth, the perfect pre-lipstick-application base.



Now for the fun bit, the red lipstick we've all been hunting for.
The Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick is already pretty matte in itself, however it's a super creamy formula so glides like a dream across the lips. The colour is seriously pigmented and only requires one clean swoop across the lips, creating the ultimate Hollywood Glamour lipstick look.
I found it really easy to apply, with zero smudging and even better, zero cleaning up around the lines afterwards, which is highly unlikely for a make up novice like myself.
Top marks so far!



Finishing off the lip look with the Smashbox Insta-Matte Lipstick Transformer. Squeezing a small amount onto the lips and blotting with my finger, it took the already matte lipstick to another matte dimension, I am honestly blown away with it.
It feels truly gorgeous on the lips, not drying or flakey at all, in fact I'd even go as far as to say it felt like a satin finish rather than a matte, THANK YOU SMASHBOX FOR ANSWERING MY MATTE LIPSTICK PRAYERS.

I wore this look all day, devouring numerous cups of coffee and it lasted pretty darn well, only needing to reapply after lunch and only to the centre of my lips, where I find lipsticks usually wears off first.

All in all I am seriously impressed with this little trio of dreams, a definite new make-up bag staple for sure, even better that you can use two of the pieces with absolutely any lipstick colour... Hurrah!


Fancy winning this lipstick look? Well head over to my Instagram to find out how ;)


Oh and I'll also be hitting up Boots in Manchester on Friday 6th May and I'd love to see you all there. They'll be plenty of make-up demos and tonnes of exciting Smashbox goodness, so please drop by and let's get our selfie ready lip looks on!

x M


Follow

Labels: ,